Friday, June 2, 2017

Samoan Week



This week in Henderson Class we learned some interesting information about Samoa. This included looking at Miss Tau's Samoan artefacts and learning about them. One of the artefacts we really liked was the war weapon. It was made out of wood and had carved Samoan patterns on it. These patterns were similar to the tatoo patterns Samoan men and women get. We also learned some Samoan words to use when talking to our friends. One of these was "o a mai oe?". This means "how are you?". Do you know any other samoan phrases we can learn?






1 comment:

  1. Hi there, my name is Ajay and I am a student in room A6 at Whangaparaoa School. I really like the whole idea of this post, it was very interesting. It made me think of my upcoming Samoa Trip. Have you thought about adding a DLO? The images and writing is informative, but you need more of a hook and an interactive activity. A slideshow or video would fit the spot. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wgpajayw.blogspot.co.nz/.

    ReplyDelete